Tuesday 28 October 2014

Mark Weeps As Constituents Purchase Nomination Form For Him

Senator David Mark, yesterday wept while accepting the 2015 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nomination form from his Benue South senatorial constituents to return to the Senate next year. Nine local government council chairmen in Benue South senatorial district had purchased the party nomination form in Makurdi, the state capital yesterday, urging Mark to return to the Senate unchallenged. Accepting the nomination form at a crowded gathering in his Otukpo country home, Mark said, “ I will not depart from the path of honour, justice and equity in the service to my country men and women. This is the covenant with my people. Mark intermittently wiped tears of joy from his face on account of the overwhelming crowd surging to have a handshake with him and his wife, Helen, at the event. He said, “ For this trust and confidence reposed on me, I cannot afford to fail. Let us work together as a team. I am prepared to give the last pant of my blood to serve my people diligently .Together, we can reach the Promised Land. A statement by his chief press secretary, Paul Mumeh, also quoted Mark, saying, “This endorsement speaks volume of the immeasurable responsibility on my shoulder by my people. Please pray for me that God almighty gives me the grace, wisdom and courage to continue to serve to the glory of God and benefit to humanity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment